I got this dress at Topshop in Tokyo..the body of it is probably about five feet wide and it runs further with the drop shoulder than I’ve ever seen, putting it in that murkily unattractive category I love so much..add in the dusty pink color and it pretty much looks and feels like something to wear to sleep. An idea I’d like to follow through with to it’s full extent but the zippers kind of kill it. Still a very useful garment though. Wore it with motorcycle boots that the weeds buried and not much else.
Also pictured: my new skull ring courtesy of Leviticus (better shots to come), Grey Ant Status shades, and Urbn headscarf.
(Alexander Wang jacket, Claude Maus dress, Forever 21 leather shorts, gifted Ruby New Zealand lace/button bustier, gifted Genevieve Jones fringe clutch, Miu Miu satin platforms, YSL rings and gifted Soixante Neuf/Planet Blue ring)
Strange feeling when you discover that a couple pieces of clothing you’ve owned for six months go together seamlessly. Makes you feel exactly as stupid as you do smart. This dress is one of my favorite pieces in my closet for it’s loose cut and ability to work in any situation given a few accessory changes..but the effect the bustier has on cinching it in just kind of..completes it. So much love for NZ and Australian designers right now. And blindingly bright overhead motion sensor lights.
- I bought some cheesy body jewels to stick on the inner corners of my eyes, a look I loved at the Marchesa presentation in February…the case they came in is way more exciting though…once I lose all of them (probably within the week) I’m going to have to think really hard about what deserves to be stored in it
- skipped eyeliner today and kept it simple with Maybelline Volum’ Express mascara, Chanel Teint Innocence, and Perfumeria Gal lip balm..3 of my staples
- beautiful gnarled old tree
- Kumo sleeps like a human and purrs upon contact about 95% of the time..the only way to describe his personality is that he’s like your favorite stuffed animal brought to life
- horses breaking into a gallop at day’s end
Playing with MAC lipstick in Midnight Media, gold rings, and a fresh coat of nail polish (Sally Hansen in Commander in Chic). If you’re going to do black lipstick this is pretty much your best bet.