I was mesmerized by this dress at Nakkna s/s11..I seriously probably took about 20 photos of it. It completely obscures the body, high neck and all, but the way that the sheer fabric moved and the cape-like back wafted along behind the model set it on fire. All it needs is a long pendant necklace, some big silver rings, bare feet, and a river in the middle of nowhere to dip the hem into.
Hope delivered tweaked basics and some standout pieces…the wrapped wedges in what looks to be coated canvas and leather caught my attention immediately. I’m picturing the swooshy skirt with a simple knit tank and round sunglasses..Vogue has declared minimalism’s arrival and this is pretty much the perfect salute.
Carin Wester s/s 11: washed out bohemia…shrunken knits, lace scarves as belts, silk falling away from the body, beaded crochet, leather and stone armbands, and muted lace. Sort of the ideal desert island wardrobe.
Stockholm fashion week was 3 straight days of inspiration and fun..can’t wait to share more!
- girly nude dresses at Marc Jacobs
- outsized faux fur and shearling..
- and zippers and buckles at Burberry
- embellished leather and lace at Christopher Kane
- layering over sleeveless collared shirts and pleated skirts at Proenza Schouler
- asymmetrical and sheer at 3.1 Phillip Lim
- high-necked and lattice woven at Herve Leger
- chunky cable knits and flimsy lingerie-ish dresses at Julien Macdonald
- lug soled Maryjanes at Calvin Klein and slant cut ankle boots at Louise Goldin