(gifted Gypsy 05 top and Alexis silk pants, F21 headband, Grey Ant sunglasses, Dolce & Gabbana wedges, Jas MB clutch)
I love these pants so much..more comfortable than pajamas/sweat pants/anything else whose sole purpose is to enable slovenliness. My favorite outfits fall into this category of being somewhere between simple and messy..and then stacked on top of five inch footwear…but you probably already knew that.
ph. by me and Colin
Photos build up after a while. I still have whole folders of Tokyo photos to go through…anyway, here goes:
- 3 favorites – Claude Maus dress, Madame Hawke bustier, and Alexander Wang shorts
- from the opening of Noble Experiment..a pseudo-speakeasy downtown..I would have been sold on the chandelier and ceiling art (and the invitation – a golden skull of my own in a solid wooden box) alone but add a macabre wall of skulls and I may want to move in…oh and good drinks too
- Erin Wasson x RVCA leather one-piece..amazing for summer but it’s a bit too big on me..I tried to make this less obvious by contorting
- bored in the car by myself shot – Forever 21 cross and stud rings + old standby knuckle ring..shocking that I haven’t lost this yet what with how often I wear it and take it off in cars and by bathroom sinks…against a background of leopard tights and steering wheel
- I need to get a better shot of the Stevie jeans that Elizabeth and James sent me from their new Textile denim line…obsessed with the overdyed pockets and ’70s silhouette
- sunset + Camilla and Marc “Somewhere Sometime” dress…freezing…an exposed back and sides will do that I guess
- Chaser Collection tshirt borrowed from Kristin, Forever 21 necklace, gifted J Brand leggings, Twelfth Street by Cynthia Vincent zipper wedges
- my favorite candle line, Capri Blue, dominates my mantel..Volcano is my favorite..the huge gold mirror is one of my best thrift store finds of all time
- better shot of the skull ring that Leviticus sent me…hope my hands were clean
- navy blue water is as beautiful as it is scary
- stocking up..it looks like I’m stealing but I’m not..backpacks just make everyone look suspicious
- I heavily abuse my center console..sorry, you’ll have to hold your drink..Danny Roberts‘ work graces both my iPod and my Macbook and jewelry litters my life
(thrifted crochet dress, vintage slip, Lowluv necklace, Jimmy Choo x H&M ankle cowboy boots)
San Onofre State beach..a drive up from the city (I use this term loosely), embedded in a yawning expanse of Marine territory, and at the bottom of a long winding dirt road (thank God for Jeeps)..but so worth it once you’re there.
Still breaking in the shoes I first wore here but bikini and flip flops ensued.
In beautiful Julian..lately when the weekend hits all I feel like doing is driving far away, doesn’t matter in what direction. I wish Mexico was more of an option but the border just hasn’t been as..um safe lately. So it’s been a while since that’s happened. The fact that most of the town was closed for a reason we never found out and the unreal cutting wind made it feel even more remote..and the fact that we didn’t interact with a single person out there. I found the blazer a while ago at a thrift store..love that it has the boxy oversized cut of any other thrift store blazer but it takes on the softer feel of a top in this cream silk. Also stuck some crystals at the inner corners of my eyes with glue of questionable safety. Who else wants to hang out for a month or so at the barn/trailer compound? There’s even a defunct post office right by it to play in.
ph. by me
(gifted Erin Wasson x RVCA “Here Comes the Flash” knit romper and Forever 21 feather earrings, Jeffrey Campbell for Free People boots)
This thing could not be more appropriately named…nice one Erin. I think I could live on a wardrobe of awkward knits without getting bored. The shorts and dresses that Stolen Girlfriends Club showed in September would be invited too.
I had a damn exciting shoot last Monday in LA with Forever 21..jumping/hopping/bending backwards wearing 5 inch heels in a studio and fake hair included. Most of the extensions came out with some vigorous brushing that same night but I decided to screw around and take some photos the next day before they were all history. The glue, however, didn’t budge until Colin suggested getting some peanut butter in there to coax it out..was not pretty..but it worked. And I even got to use the good peanut butter.