Running errands today…2 second outfit post for an outfit that took as much time to choose and put on..wearing Minkpink’s Rapunzel Maxi Dress with corseted back that Nastygal’s Sophia sent me, Jeffrey Campbell motorcycle boots, and Balenciaga bag.
Catching some sun on a Tuesday afternoon in the fruits of a little shopping I did in Vancouver (Aritzia=wonderland)..I’ve been inadvertently adding all these nudes and pinks to my wardrobe, mostly in silhouettes that are about ten times the size of my body. Somewhere in my brain this makes sense.
Memorial Day was strangely uneventful..most of the time around here the fine holiday turns into an excuse for widespread excess alcohol consumption but things stayed pretty calm around the beach and there were only a couple woohoos per hour. This is fine by me for the purpose of maintaining a sense of personal space but if the 4th of July follows suit I’ll be slightly concerned.
Forward sent me this amazing one-piece…which is somehow more versatile than a skort/romper/elasticated thing should conceivably be. By that I mean a change of shoes takes it from the beach to Trader Joe’s to a night out..though I understand my idea of what makes sense where is anywhere from mildly to completely skewed according to some.
I’m working on packing a suitcase of knits and leather to fly up to rainy Vancouver with Colin tomorrow morning..can’t wait for the Obakki show…their lookbook had me sold in a heartbeat. If you have any tips for what to check out in the city I’d love to hear them..x
(gifted Gypsy 05 top and Alexis silk pants, F21 headband, Grey Ant sunglasses, Dolce & Gabbana wedges, Jas MB clutch)
I love these pants so much..more comfortable than pajamas/sweat pants/anything else whose sole purpose is to enable slovenliness. My favorite outfits fall into this category of being somewhere between simple and messy..and then stacked on top of five inch footwear…but you probably already knew that.
ph. by me and Colin
Photos build up after a while. I still have whole folders of Tokyo photos to go through…anyway, here goes:
- 3 favorites – Claude Maus dress, Madame Hawke bustier, and Alexander Wang shorts
- from the opening of Noble Experiment..a pseudo-speakeasy downtown..I would have been sold on the chandelier and ceiling art (and the invitation – a golden skull of my own in a solid wooden box) alone but add a macabre wall of skulls and I may want to move in…oh and good drinks too
- Erin Wasson x RVCA leather one-piece..amazing for summer but it’s a bit too big on me..I tried to make this less obvious by contorting
- bored in the car by myself shot – Forever 21 cross and stud rings + old standby knuckle ring..shocking that I haven’t lost this yet what with how often I wear it and take it off in cars and by bathroom sinks…against a background of leopard tights and steering wheel
- I need to get a better shot of the Stevie jeans that Elizabeth and James sent me from their new Textile denim line…obsessed with the overdyed pockets and ’70s silhouette
- sunset + Camilla and Marc “Somewhere Sometime” dress…freezing…an exposed back and sides will do that I guess
- Chaser Collection tshirt borrowed from Kristin, Forever 21 necklace, gifted J Brand leggings, Twelfth Street by Cynthia Vincent zipper wedges
- my favorite candle line, Capri Blue, dominates my mantel..Volcano is my favorite..the huge gold mirror is one of my best thrift store finds of all time
- better shot of the skull ring that Leviticus sent me…hope my hands were clean
- navy blue water is as beautiful as it is scary
- stocking up..it looks like I’m stealing but I’m not..backpacks just make everyone look suspicious
- I heavily abuse my center console..sorry, you’ll have to hold your drink..Danny Roberts‘ work graces both my iPod and my Macbook and jewelry litters my life