My favorite brands to stock up on are Bioderma, Caudalie, Avène, Klorane, and Embryolisse. Here’s what I’m using right now, along with a few I bought stateside.
1. Caudalie Beauty Elixir - This is a fine spray of essential oils that acts as a toner but I use it more to refresh my skin throughout the day and/or make my makeup look less ‘done’. Feels amazing after a long plane ride. I’m also a real sucker for the word ‘Elixir’ and glass bottles in general.
2. Jurlique Rosewater Balancing Mist – Same purpose as the above, but a different flavor..for lack of a better word. The best rose water I’ve ever tried. There are a lot out there!
3. Vinoperfect Day Perfecting Fluid – This is what I use when I don’t want to wear makeup, but want to have something on my skin for a little extra glow (think yoga class or the airport). I’m not quite sure what I would classify it as, maybe a slightly tinted primer or the sheerest foundation in existence. The SPF 15 is a bonus.
4. Dr. Hauschka Rose Day Cream – A super rich moisturizer ideal for travel-battered skin, this is the most popular product from the natural ingredient-focused brand. I actually use it for both night and day when I feel like I need some help from the 30 roses that go into each tube.
5. Mario Badescu Orange Tonic Mask – This mask is calming and captures the smell of oranges without going into saccharine/fake territory. I use it once every couple weeks ie. when I remember how amazing it feels.
6. Bioderma Crealine h20 – The one item I would really hate to forget to pack, this melts makeup right off your skin without any harshness or residue, acting like a slightly more powerful version of water. If water could simultaneously cleanse, tone, and moisturize. It’s actually weird how perfect it is…cult status for good reason. Along with Embryolisse’s Lait-crème Concentré, this is something almost all makeup artists I’ve worked with swear by. Stock up here.