More fun with temporary dye. Friday I shot some looks with Elle Japan…for this set they wanted to take some ‘behind-the-scenes’ shots of Colin shooting me for an actual blog post in a fall look. Kind of a ridiculous sentence. The fact that it wasn’t even that hot wearing this really reminds me how warm this jacket isn’t, but it’s main purpose seems to be being bright orange so it’s okay. And hey at least when I tell my grandparents in Tokyo to pick up the issue they won’t be confronted with the blonde hair. Man I need to visit them soon.
- I get a lot of questions about my bra choices..I lean towards no wire, triangle silhouettes, bondage-y elastic, and thin straps. From left to right: Forever 21, H&M, Lux, and Alexander Wang. I’m dreaming about this one by Savant.
- Chocolate mint tea and my favorite vintage necklace.
- Thrifted shoes..the only way I can make sense of them is to look at them as trimmed down cowboy boots. I will love them more once they stop giving me blisters.
- Keeping jewelry on the kitchen counter makes it easy to accessorize on the way out the door. Though your boyfriend might not appreciate the perpetual tiny bit of extra clutter.
- My three favorite OPI nail polishes – Got the Blues for Red, Light My Sapphire, and My Private Jet. This hasn’t changed in the past two years.
- This Forever 21 shorts romper I bought last spring is just so pretty.
- Current shoe rack.
- The magazines I keep by the couch. My favorites right now are Russh, Jalouse, and Vivi.
- More things to grab on the way out.
(Giles and Brother hook bracelet and safety pin earrings, Topshop beret, cardigan, leopard print wedges, and skirt, Brian Lichtenberg tshirt, Alexander Wang dress, Elizabeth and James ring, Repossi ear cuffs, Acne wedges, Lover tunic, Araks bralette, All Saints clutch)
(Ray-ban aviators, vintage metal/mesh dress over vintage slipdress, Balenciaga platform sandals)
Through sheer luck I stumbled across these legendary SS07 Balenciagas on eBay last week. I don’t know if it’s just me but shoes are just looking more and more the same thing with a couple extra straps allocated here or there, but even a couple years after their release these still have that extra something special to me. The Birkenstock-style sole and massive platform just kill me. After a 15 minute battle with the buckle (really um unique and secure design job there) and an hour or so of baby deer-like steps they’ve proven really walkable.
Aside from that, it’s a million degrees and I need to go find a pool or slither down to the beach now.