Dress, Forever 21. Shirt, Gap. Bag, Givenchy. Heels, Promiscuous.
I’m always getting questions from readers about how comfortable certain pairs of heels are. These are already ranking pretty high on the wearability scale, but if I had to note which are the most comfortable…
1. Nine West blue satin mirrored wedges. NOT the white pleather version I also have. The material makes a huge difference, sadly enough.
2. Chloe red Doc-style wedges. Clunky, but I can wear them forever.
3. Bebe zippered gladiator heels. The huge platform, dude. Plus, once you’re zipped in, your foot really isn’t going to move around in there. This is a reason why laces are also helpful in lessening heel discomfort.
4. Forever 21 canvas sneaker heels. I think the key to purchasing their shoes is to avoid all pleather. Pleather is the devil.
5. Marni gray patent wedges. For how sculptural and shiny they are, I would never expect them to be so painless.
Black black black. The first pair is by Aldo, the second by some weird company named “Promiscuous” via Zappos. I actually don’t even understand how the latter work but I had to see them for myself.
I’ve been vaguely pondering what I want to purchase for fall. So far I’ve only gotten as far as black lace, leather, chartreuse, and those Emma Cook/Topshop ankle boots that I probably won’t be able to get my hands on. I never really buy with an overall plan in mind anyway, it seems I just end up acquiring randomly when something strikes my fancy and hoping it all comes together. But I remembered a photo Scott Schuman took of some semi-scraggly NYU students and did a quick search on it – the girl on the left steals the show and was the one whose image was seared into my mind. I love the gold chain bracelet and it’s my new goal to find a vintage coat that sweet. An image to keep in mind when I’m tempted to purchase everything in black as it gets colder.